GRACE’S LAW IN NEW JERSEY
- Law which started in 2009 which will allow families in New Jersey to obtain $1000- per ear toward hearing aids. Please see the link below to see if your child will qualify. http://www.graceslaw.com/whatis.htm
PENNSYLVANIA MANAGED MEDICAID
- The hospital-based audiologist will fax a complete packet to REM Audiology Associates, P.C. consisting of your child’s audiogram with report and recommendations, face sheet consisting of demographic information and medical clearance from the ENT physician
- You the parent must give the exact hospital-based audiologist’s recommendations to your primary physician—so he or she can write the exact recommendation on the Keystone Mercy script.
- The primary physician needs to fax this script to REM Audiology Associates, P.C. at 215-331-4208.
- You the parent need to fax REM Audiology Associates, P.C. a copy of all of the medical insurances that your child is on—Keystone Mercy and any other primary insurance. Fax number is 215-331-4208.
- REM Audiology will email you the parent within two weeks after receiving the faxed copy of the Keystone Mercy script from your primary physician—confirming receipt of all necessary information—-if anything is missing—-you will be informed of what further information REM Audiology needs.
- You the parent can contact REM Audiology Associates, P.C. at any time. The most efficient means of correspondence is via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (you can see our numbers for our Voorhees, Evesham, and Philadelphia offices at the top of this page.
- REM Audiology Associates, P.C. will be requesting authorization from keystone mercy once REM Audiology Associates, P.C. receives the packet of information from the hospital-based audiologist and the Keystone Mercy script from your primary physician.
- REM Audiology Associates, P.C. will contact you by telephone once authorization is received from Keystone Mercy. This contact should occur approximately two weeks after the initial contact with REM Audiology Associates, P.C.
- IMPORTANT!!!!! If your child has primary insurance that requires a referral in addition to Keystone Mercy, your primary physician must fax to REM Audiology Associates, P.C. a referral with the any one or combination of these code numbers:
- V5011—hearing aid fitting without FM
- V5299 for hearing aid fitting with FM
- V5264 for earmolds; V5266 for batteries and office visit.
- The referral needs to be dated after the date that the Keystone Mercy authorization is made. REM Audiology Associates, P.C. will let you the parent know which code number(s) are necessary when REM Audiology Associates, P.C. calls you two weeks after REM receives the initial Keystone Mercy script from your physician.
- Once REM Audiology Associates, P.C. gets the authorization from Keystone Mercy and a referral from any primary insurance company, REM Audiologist will order the hearing aids for your child and will call you the parent to schedule an appointment. The entire process should take approximately 4 to 6 weeks from your last visit with the CHOP audiologists.
- Once the hearing aids are dispensed by REM Audiologist, the parents are to make an appointment with the hospital-based audiologist for an assessment of the dispensed hearing aid. The parent is instructed to contact the hospital-based audiologist for any problems or questions regarding hearing aid programming or your child’s hearing status and to contact REM Audiology Associates, P.C. for any problems regarding hearing aid function and/or repair.
Any parent who is concerned regarding their child’s hearing abilities should schedule an appointment at REM Audiology Associates, P.C. for a complete audiological evaluation.