REM Audiology Associates, P.C. provides a wide range of audiological services for all ages including diagnostic and rehabilitation options. Hearing loss can be caused by multiple factors including noise exposure, aging, ototoxic medications, genetic etiology, acoustic trauma, and infections.
1. COMPREHENSIVE DIAGNOSTIC AUDIOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS
- Otoscopy: visual inspection of your ear canal and eardrum to determine the presence of excessive earwax or any physical abnormalities
- Tympanometry: evaluation of middle ear function to determine the presence of fluid behind the eardrum, perforations in the eardrum, or negative pressure in the middle ear
- Acoustic reflex testing: evaluation of an acoustic reflex response to loud sound stimuli being transmitted efficiently from the middle ear to the neural pathway and back through the middle ear system
- Otoacoustic emissions: evaluation of integrity of outer hair cell function in the cochlea in the inner portion of the ear
- Pure tone and speech threshold testing: evaluation of hearing sensitivity to frequency specific stimuli and speech stimuli
- Speech discrimination testing: evaluation of ability to accurately comprehend words in quiet as well as to comprehend sentences in the presence of background noise for a more realistic assessment of hearing abilities
- Discussion of test findings regarding the type and degree of your hearing loss and counseling regarding available options and realistic expectations.
2. HEARING AID EVALUATIONS AND FITTINGS
Based upon the hearing test results and your lifestyle, appropriate amplification options can be discussed to fit your individual needs and improve your quality of life – our main goal is your best interest. Whether you’re coming to our Philadelphia our New Jersey offices we offer the following:
- Hearing aids from various manufacturers, such as Oticon hearing aids and devices
- Hearing aid demonstrations performed in the office
- Complete hearing healthcare with each hearing aid purchase includes free batteries for 5 years and complementary cleanings every 3-6 months for the life of the hearing aid
- Verification of hearing aid settings using real ear measurements
- Validation of hearing aid benefit using statistically-based questionnaires
- Pediatric hearing aid fittings following pediatric-specific protocols.
3. HEARING AID REPAIR
4. TINNITUS ASSESSMENTS AND RETRAINING
- Hearing evaluation including ultra-high frequency audiometric testing
- Tinnitus matching and tinnitus masking procedures
- Options include tinnitus maskers, the Neuromonics device, and amplifications
- Tinnitus retraining therapy
5. AURAL REHABILITATION
- Listening and Communication Enhancement (LACE) program
- Individualized auditory training for children and adults
- Validation protocols
6. CENTRAL AUDITORY PROCESSING EVALUATIONS
- Performed on children with normal hearing who exhibit academic difficulties, including difficulty with following multi-step directions, reading comprehension and decoding, copying notes from the blackboard, and understanding in background noise
- The central auditory processing test battery (CAPT) evaluates auditory integration, auditory decoding, auditory memory, auditory closure, and temporal patterning abilities as well as screenings for attention and visual processing deficits.
- Educational interpretation of results with an extensive list of recommendations based upon individualized results of the test battery for classroom accommodations and modifications to enhance academic performance
- Coordination of findings and child study team evaluations and IEP
- On-Site advocacy
- Classroom noise assessments
- Can also be performed on adults who are having similar difficulties
Tinnitus treatments include sound therapy products by Neuromonics, and Serenade by SoundCure, both of which are offered ...
Speak with a Specialist
Ready to start your journey to better hearing? Let our hearing care professionals find the right solution for you.Schedule an Appointment