APPROACH TO BUYING HEARING AIDS
- It is always better to buy two aids at a lower level technology than a higher level technology in only one ear. We need to localize speech in space, and the only way we can do is to have hearing in both ears.
- It is better to purchase aids with comprehensive service plans to save you money spent on follow-up services over time such as batteries and monitoring any change in hearing status.
- If you presently are wearing hearing aids and do not want to purchase new ones at this time, ask us about our service plans which will save you money over time.
- If you are not interested in comprehensive service plans, call and schedule an appointment to discuss other service options REM Audiology has available for you.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE PLANS
- The complete hearing health care package is available in both entry-level aids and our more sophisticated premium products. All packages consist of services for 5 years after purchase and ear speech mapping. Also included are reprogramming of the hearing aids as needed, annual hearing screenings to monitor auditory status, and complimentary clean-and-checks twice a year.
- Batteries are included for 5 years.
- Today’s hearing aids are more than just amplifiers; using microprocessor design and audio signal processing technology, hearing aids do not indiscriminately raise the volume of what you hear, but actually, sharpen the focus of what you hear. The end result is a better ability to “hone” in on a conversation in noisy environments, and better ability to shift attention from one voice to another as you determine appropriate.
- A hearing aid from our Voorhees, Evesham Township or Philadelphia offices can also be made to function as Bluetooth receivers, letting you stream from a TV, phone, computer or other Bluetooth devices. It is like having your own personal audio entertainment set up for your ears.
YOU CAN ALSO LOOK INTO OUR HEARING AID INSURANCE
COMFORTABLE AND ATTRACTIVE HEARING AIDS
Our hearing aids are also comfortable and attractive. The newer generation hearing aids have a blend of camouflage and miniaturization that disappear behind the ear in addition to using colors that blend with hair or complexion color. They are light weight as they securely fit into one’s ears.
Today’s modern hearing aids with the latest micro processing technologies are more like computers than yesterday’s amplifiers. We empower people to engage in conversations with confidence, leading to more efficient listening strategies and resulting in enhanced and higher level conversational skills.
Receiver-In-the-Ear (RITE) hearing aids are comfortable because they keep the ear canal open to reduce any plugged-up sensation. The appropriateness of these hearing devices depends on the patient’s degree of hearing loss. Advanced features may include Bluetooth® compatibility.
In-The-Ear (ITE), In-The-Canal (ITC), and Completely-In-The-Canal (CIC) hearing aids rest inside the ear rather than behind it, with CICs being the most discreet. These styles are appropriate for mild to severe hearing losses and may include features such as directional microphones, multiple listening programs, a tele-coil or Bluetooth® compatibility.
Behind-The-Ear (BTE) aids are appropriate for hearing losses from mild to profound. Directional microphones, multiple listening programs, tele-coil, and Bluetooth® compatibility are available features. This traditional style is a good choice for pediatric patients and individuals with excessive moisture and accumulative cerumen (earwax).
LYRIC® HEARING – INVISIBLE. EFFORTLESS. 24/7.
Lyric is the world’s first 100% invisible extended wear hearing aid, The aid is comfortably placed in the ear canal, no surgery or anesthesia is required. Lyric can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for up to 4 months at a time (individual replacement needs may vary.) Unlike many other hearing aids, Lyric is positioned deep in the ear canal and uses your ear’s anatomy to provide exceptional sound quality. Lyric lets you hear better and live life to the fullest! Lyric is not appropriate for all individuals; make an appointment with us today to determine if Lyric is right for you. For more information about Lyric, please see our Lyric Hearing page.
Daily Wear Invisibility For those individuals desiring a daily wear invisible hearing aid at various price points, REM Doctors of Audiology will make a custom earmold and mail to the hearing aid manufacturer who will make a custom fit deep insertion invisible hearing aid that fits uniquely to the individual’s ear canal.
HEARING AIDS – VOORHEES, MARLTON, AND PHILADELPHIA
Choose from any of our three hearing aid locations: Voorhees or Marlton in NJ and Philadelphia in PA. Make an appointment today with REM Doctor level Audiologists and see for yourself what you are missing. Take a hearing aid out for a complimentary risk free drive.
FOLLOW UP SERVICES
- Dispensing an instrument on a patient is only the start of the relationship between our client and our Audiologist. Complete Hearing Health Care is part of our service:
- Batteries for five years
- Complimentary clean and checks of the instrumnets for the life of the hearing aid
- Extended warranties for repair loss and damage
- Reprogramming as needed
- Annual hearing screenings and/or hearing test